What is a Small Group?
Made up of men and women from all generations of life, these groups meet throughout the week for fellowship, care, prayer, accountability, sharing stories, and studying God's Word. They are a place where we work to consider each other over ourselves. No group is perfect, and no two groups are exactly the same. We don't expect them to be. However, we are all part of the same team, TEAM JESUS.
What is Included in a Small Group Meeting?
On average, meetings last 1 and a half hours and consist of
- Introduction (15-30 minutes) to get to know one another.
- Bible Study (30-45 minutes) to discuss Bible passages and lessons.
- Caring time (15-30 minutes) to share your own life.
Guidelines for Small Group
- Priority While in the course you give priority to the group. Everyone participates, no one dominates.
- Respect Everyone is given the right to their opinion, and "dumb questions" are encouraged and respected.
- Empty Chair The group stays open and members of the group look to invite others to join.
- Confidentiality Anything said in the meeting is never repeated outside the meeting.
- Support Permission is given to call upon each other. Emphasize daily Bible study/readings.
- New Groups New leaders will be encouraged, equipped, and empowered to start their own group of study.
- I desire to spend time in the Word and prayer every day.
- I desire to meet each week with other members of the group for studying, sharing, and praying.
- I desire to study the Bible to be equipped as a witness for Jesus Christ.
- I desire to share Jesus Christ with others.
- I desire an active role in the church, including worship, communion, and giving one of my gifts of Time, Talents, Treasures, and Telling.
- I desire an active role in the community as we serve God and serve others.
When do Small Groups Meet?
Weekday Small Groups
- Monday 7:00 pm - Leader Barb Wippich (Women's Group)
- Tuesday 6:30 am at Big Biscuit - Leader Jim Smith
- Tuesday 12:00 pm at Church Fellowship Hall - Women's Group
- Wednesday 9:30 am at Church Fellowship Hall - Leader Bill Magorian
- 2nd and 4th Mondays 7:00 pm at Group Members' Homes - Leader Daryl Rinne
Sunday Evening Small Groups
5 different groups meet during this time between 5:30 pm-7:00 pm. Childcare will be provided by William Jewell College Pre-Ed Students. Group Leaders: Beth Backhaus, Pat Mathews, Kathy Chelton, Vickie Chancellor, Gary Clevenger