What is LWML?
The Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML) is the official women's auxiliary of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. For over 65 years, LWML has focused on affirming each woman's relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions. We have periodic meetings and projects that support other ministries. LWML is open to all women of the congregation. We are a service organization and we try to serve the community as much as we can.
When do we meet?
LWML meets on the first Tuesday of every month. We currently have daytime meetings that start at 1:30 pm. Anyone that is interested is welcome to come and visit!
What do we do?
Members of LWML work on a variety of projects such as:
- Making quilts, receiving blankets and wheelchair covers for Children's Mercy Hospital
- Collecting school supplies for kids going back to school
- Support veterans and those actively serving in the military
- Creating hygiene homeless kids
- Providing for the food pantry at Hillcrest
- Providing supplies for VBS
- Providing scholarships for students that want to serve the church in some vocational form